Dance Church at 7 Star Women's Kung Fu AssociationLow Impact ClassSeattle
What to know:
Dance Church® is an all-levels movement class taught by professional dance artists that offers a fun and inclusive approach to dancing. Designed for people of all shapes and sizes, backgrounds and identities, Dance Church is a communal space for people who want to move their bodies.
The Low Impact class is created for ages 60+ in mind, but anybody is welcome to attend. The teacher leads this 45ish minute class in a series of movement cues, accompanied by a playlist of multi-genre pop music curated with the class takers’ interests in mind.
The music will be set to a lower volume from the standard Dance Church class in order to hear the teacher clearly with the movement slower and lower impact on the body all around. The format is open but guided throughout. You can adapt and make modifications as your body needs at any time throughout class. NO prior dance experience necessary, but open mindedness is a prerequisite.
Dance Church classes are offered in dance spaces across the country. Our mission is to bring the joy and release of dance to every body, while supporting dance artists and partner organizations, and making connections between class takers and the dance world.
Dance Floor Tips:
- Arrive 5-15 minutes before class, no late entry permitted
- Indoor exercise shoes are ok to wear or be barefoot; we don’t mind
- No talking allowed, but singing is highly encouraged
- We move through various actions and coordinations throughout class, there is no learning choreography
- At times we move around the space, we go down to the floor and take our time with it
- Chairs will be provided for participants to use during class
- You can always modify as you need — go bigger, smaller, faster, slower as you please
- When in doubt, just dance.
What should I bring?
- Clothing that you’re comfortable moving and sweating in
- We recommend taking class barefoot or in socks but indoor exercise shoes are ok
- Clean studio sneakers allowed if you have a personal need, please be mindful.
- Water bottle
- Bring a mat for floor work if you'd like.
- Face mask (optional)
- Earplugs (optional, available upon request)
King County Metro #3 & 4 to 21st Ave/Jefferson St
COVID-19 venue policies
Proof of vaccination