Dance Church at Los Angeles Dance ProjectField TripLos Angeles
What to know:
Dance Church® is an all-levels movement class that offers a fun and inclusive approach to dancing. Designed for people of all shapes and sizes, backgrounds and identities, Dance Church is a communal space for people who want to move their bodies.
The teacher leads this 70ish minute class in a series of movement cues, accompanied by a curated playlist of multi-genre pop music. The format is open but guided throughout. No previous training is required, but open-mindedness is a prerequisite.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to class, and no later than 5 minutes after.
What should I bring?
- Danceable clothing that you’re comfortable in!
- Face Mask (optional)
- We recommend taking class barefoot or in socks. If you need to wear sneakers for personal reasons, please be mindful of those around you.
- Water bottle
- We love the music loud. Bring earplugs if you desire protection, or ask the person checking you in for class for a disposable pair, if needed.
Gibney 280 Broadway is accessible via elevator from the main entrance at 53A Chambers Street. The building operates from 10:00am-10:00pm EST on Sundays.
There are automated, double doors at this entrance. Please utilize the square actuator to the side of the entrances to mobilize the doors. Upon entrance, there will be a wide hallway and a guard stationed at a desk near the bottom of the stairwell. You will be asked to sign in and clearly note your full name and time of arrival.
There is on-site & street parking available.
Nearby MTA Train Stops:
- Chambers St. A/C Line
- Chambers St. J/Z Line
- Chambers St. 1/2/3 Line
- Brooklyn Bridge - City Hall 4/5/6 Line
- City Hall Station - N/R/W
Local favorites for your #postclassritual:
- Blue Spoon Cafe
- Hungry Ghost
- Nish Nush