Dance Church at Company C Dance ClubFree Class for Alyssa's BirthdayToledo
It's Alyssa's birthday and we are partnering with Cake in a Cup for a free Dance Church class at Company C Dance Club with free cupcakes onsite! Cake in a Cup is also providing a free cupcake with a latte purchase for all Dance Church Toledo class takers all October.
What to know:
Dance Church® is an all-levels movement class taught by professional dance artists that offers a fun and inclusive approach to dancing. Designed for people of all shapes and sizes, backgrounds and identities, Dance Church is a communal space for people who want to move their bodies.
The teacher leads this 60ish minute class in a series of movement cues, accompanied by a curated playlist of multi-genre pop music. The format is open but guided throughout. No prior dance experience necessary, but open mindedness is a prerequisite.
Dance Church classes are offered in dance spaces across the country. Our mission is to bring the joy and release of dance to every body, while supporting dance artists and partner organizations, and making connections between class takers and the dance world.
- Arrive 5-15 minutes before class, no late entry permitted
- Teachers lead classes from the center of the space and we change our facing often
- We like our music loud, and the tempo is upbeat and energetic
- When you cannot hear or see the teacher, let other class takers be your guide
- No talking allowed, but singing is highly encouraged
- We move through various actions and coordinations throughout class, there is no learning choreography
- At times we move around the space, we go down to the floor and we hold hands briefly
- You can always modify as you need — go bigger, smaller, faster, slower as you please
- When in doubt, just dance.
What should I bring?
- Clothing that you’re comfortable moving and sweating in
- We recommend taking class barefoot or in socks
- Clean studio sneakers allowed if you have a personal need, please be mindful.
- Water bottle
- Face mask (optional)
- Earplugs (optional, available upon request)
Parking is available on site.
Local favorites for your #postclassritual:
- Cake in a Cup
- Mr. Freeze
- Poco Piatti
Safer Space Policy
Dance Church is a space for every body. We have a zero tolerance policy for discrimination of any kind.
Late Entry Policy
Check-in begins 15 minutes before your scheduled class time and we recommend arriving at least 5 minutes prior to the start of class to ensure a smooth check-in. After class has started, Dance Church will deny entry to new entrants.
We want every body to be able to experience Dance Church! If you or anyone you know are facing any financial hurdles to joining our classes please check out our two special offerings for our Dance Church community. Please keep in mind that this class is free of charge.
Consider becoming a Supporter to help fund the subsidized memberships, as well as other Dance Church programming!